Monday, May 20, 2013

A little piece of advice

Since having my son EVERYONE I've ever met has given me advice. My favorite? "Sleep when your baby sleeps". This advice is a joke. First, it gives you this illusion that your baby will fall asleep and stay asleep. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to do this just to FINALLY drift off and then hear my son start crying. Secondly, If you sleep when he sleeps, when the hell are you going to get anything done? It's not exactly easy trying to do the dishes one handed. What people really should say is "Learn to function without sleep".



The BEST advice I have EVER received was from the over the top 3rd shift nurse. I had gotten flustered and gave my son a binky. When she came in, I apologized- feeling guilty since ALL the breastfeeding material said, in big bold letters DO NOT GIVE THEM A PACIFIER. She laughed at me, and said "honey, we don't go home with you. Do what works best for YOU"

Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment